C2 teachers in Kenya are entry level secondary school teachers with a bachelor’s degree in education and registered with Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
C2 teachers salary in Kenya was significantly raised after the successful implementation of Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) back in July 2021. The agreement is expected to run up to 2025.
In this article, we will be looking at TSC job group C2 salary and allowances in Kenya. note that the salary of a C2 teachers has been classified into points which ranges from 1 to 7. Salaries differ depending with the scale of a teacher.
Updated TSC job group C2 salary and allowances in Kenya
C2 teacher basic salary in Kenya ranges from KES 34, 955 to KES 49, 694 depending with salary points. The following are TSC job group C2 salary per salary scale.
- Salary scale 1 – KES 34,955
- Salary scale 2 – KES 36,280
- Salary scale 3 – KES 37,654
- Salary scale 4 – KES 39,081
- Salary scale 5 – KES 40,562
- Salary scale 6 – KES 42,099
- Salary scale 7 – KES 49,694
TSC job group c2 allowances
The following are the allowances that TSC job group c2 teachers are entitled to.
- House allowance – KES 5000.
- House allowance of KES 16, 500 for teachers working in Nairobi.
- House allowance of KES 12, 800 for teachers working in Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Nyeri, Eldoret, Thika, Kisii, Malindi and Kitale
- House allowance of KES 9, 600 for teachers working in other former municipalities.
- House allowance of KES 7, 500 for teachers working in other areas.
That’s all on TSC job group C2 salary and allowances. Note that these scales will be reviewed in 2025 when the 2021 – 2025 CBA will end. If you have any questions