Here is all you need to know concerning the post of Assistant Deputy Director Quality Assurance and Standard (TSC Scale 11).
Reporting to Regional Director, the Quality Assurance and Standards function entails validation of teachers’ application for registration, qualification, provision of oversight in curriculum implementation, monitoring teacher performance and maintenance of standards in the teaching service, Training and Capacity Building of teachers.
Terms of employment
The successful applicants will be appointed on 5 years renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsbilities
- Ensure performance standards are complied with;
- Inviting and interviewing teachers and any other person to provide information or material relating to standards assessment;
- Requesting from any teacher the production of any teaching documents and materials;
- Carrying out performance assessment and discuss the findings with the teacher concerned for purposes of corrective action and continuous improvement;
- Examining and record any teaching material or document that will assist in compiling a report for purposes of preventive and corrective action;
- Ensuring maintenance of discipline and work ethics among teachers;
- Compiling reports in respect of the performance standards assessment carried out and submit the same to the Commission for appropriate action;
- verifying other reports from relevant agencies before the Commission takes appropriate action;
- Conducting joint standard assessment with other relevant government agencies;
- Monitoring performance of teachers in schools;
- Performing all other related duties as may be necessary to promote standards in the teaching profession.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned
Requirements for appointment
Applicants must be either serving Curriculum Support Officers or currently serving as Secretariat Staff.
Applicants should have:
- Masters Degree in Education or Masters Degree in subject area from a recognized University;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education;
- Must have 12 years’ experience in the teaching service three of which should have been in an administrative position;
- Leadership, communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Show merit in job performance;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya 2010.NB: Certificate in Management Course (MC) lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Basic Salary: 137,460 – 167,098
House Allowance: The remuneration will include House allowance as p
Commuter Allowance: The remuneration will include Commuter allowance
Leave Allowance: The remuneration will include Leave allowance
Medical Cover: The remuneration will include Group Personal Accident/Wiba Cover, Comprehensive Medical Cover.
Service gratuity computed at 31% of basic salary for every year serviced will be paid once the contract ends or is terminated as stipulated in the Contract Agreement.